Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday activities

On Sundays, our activities are fixed - not exactly cast in stone, but rather fixed. We will get up, get dressed and head to church for the 9:30 am service. After church service, we head off to the corner coffee shop across the whole series of apartment blocks to have brunch. Since I am on a low carbo "diet", I usually have 1/2 fried chicken from the western food stall - no fries, no coleslaw. Just chicken. If I am still hungry, I would have a big pow. My brunch usually has me downing my 2 cups of teh C kosong!
After that brunch, we will head home or do some grocery shopping. Once we get home, we rest and get a nap to "recover" from the stress of the whole week. By about 3 pm or closer to 4, we start moving our bodies to go DOG TRAINING.
This is the highlight of the week for our dogs Junior and Torrent - a chance to get to the large field at Seletar Farmway, run off leash for about 20 minutes, then chill out at the grounds.
For Hero, he trains the pre-novice obedience class for this session. Sometimes he has idiotic dogs with their equally idiotic handlers who make us wonder if they will ever pass out and move on to harass the next level.
My favourite job at the training ground is WEED PULLING!! I have armed myself with a stool, a bucket, a pair of pliers and a pair of secateurs. The stool for my bottom, the bucket for holding the weeds and the pliers and secateurs the tools of the trade. Pliers to pull out the horrible mimosa or "touch me not" weeds that have thorns. Secateurs to snip the weeds into small bits.
Weed pulling as earned me a reputation at the training ground - people come up to tease me and ask me what gold I am digging for. In reality, weed pulling saves me the agony of talking to people who come to the training ground and behave in an idiotic, dumb and stupid manner. What on earth do these people do to get me going? They tell me all sorts on nonsensical things, ask questions and walk away none the wiser.
After training, we go home to dinner with my sister. She would have cooked dinner. It is the one responsibility she has at home - COOK DINNER ON SUNDAY. She will ask: What do you want to eat. We answer: we don't care, we will eat what you put on the table - you figure dinner! We have to put up with her insecure questions of does this (chicken or fish or whatever) taste OK? enough salt? taste OK?
The answer she get is: We don't care - you cook we eat!
However, sometimes we are wicked - we tell her that her cooking is terrible - the fish is overcooked, the vegetables are dead or whatever just to fuel her insecurities.
After dinner, it is knock out to sleep after a tiring day.
Good night!
.

No comments: