Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Domestic Goddess

I have become quite a bit of a domestic goddess these days with HH away in Manila for two weeks at a time. I have to clear the pee and poo and mop the floor - have to admit that these are jobs that I am not hot about!!
Actually I am not hot about housework - it has never been my forte and I don't expect it to be. I grew up in a home where Mum went to work and the household chores where left to the old black and white amah who cooked and cleaned. So my whole idea was that I should work!!
Have to be honest - I have no idea how to clean the toilet at all. I am OK with mopping a floor if there is nothing in the room. Just one large area and I can mop that!! Put other stuff around like furniture and whatever else and I have no idea where to begin.
When HH said that we should get married - I had to confess that I was a hopeless housekeeper. Before we got married and I had my own apartment - I persuaded my aunt's Filipino maid that she could do with the extra cash and clean the apartment for me. What bliss! Espa would come every two weeks and she would clean everything for me.
OK, my forte is cooking!! I love eating and cooking althought I can get quite boring sometimes with whatever I cook. Then I don't have a problem clearing and cleaning the kitchen, but I really don't enjoy housework.
HH's absence is really making me clean the apartment since Espa has gone home and I have no idea who we can leave the apartment to since we have two dogs and 3 crazed cats.
Any suggestions for better housework flow?

No comments: