Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New Phone

I bought a new phone a month ago - Samsung Pixon in standard black.
When I started hunting for a phone, HH told me to just fixate my search on a feature that was very important to me. These days, all phones come with the usual features - phone calls, SMS, MMS, emails, picture, video, games, radio and a whole lot of all-in-one features that will make the kitchen sink seem obsolete!
So I only have one requirement - the SMS fonts must get bigger! There is only one brand on the market that has this feature: SAMSUNG!!
So I headed off to the M1 shop to get my new phone based on that one requirement.
So why the PIXON instead of the cheaper F480 or the more expensive OMNIA - considering that all are touch screen phones?
Simple - PIXON has the loudest ring tone besides the larger font capability.
M1 gave me a $300 phone upgrade voucher, so the price diff between the three phones was something like $50 to $100 depending on which phone I took.
The OMNIA was some Windows mobile phone with Wifi, but the FONTS DON'T GET BIGGER, so that ruled itself out.
The F480 was pretty much the same as the PIXON (java phones), but the ring tones were softer and it has only a 5 megapixel camera. Since I already have a 5 megapixel Samsung G800 in good working order; I would be getting something with the same specs with a touch screen phone. The price difference for the camera size? $50 to me; so being the kiasu person, I took the biggest, bestest phone to suit my requirements. :p
Now I have put my data card into the PIXON and with the 8 gigabyte micro SD card, I have internet access on the move and can watch movies as well.
What more can a non-tech non geek girl as for?
.

No comments: