Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sewage works

We have moved and now we cannot set up our kitchen.  Sigh!

The Public Works Department have decided that they need to change the sewers beneath our new home.  Since last week (when we moved), I've had all these sewage engineers arounds the house coming in to open the man hole and do strange things.  They have dragged hoses in from the drain, dumped the end of the hose into the man hole, put a CCTV camera into the man hole, checked the condition of the man hold and heaven knows what else they are going to do.

I have just had 10 men in my kitchen checking out the man hole - covered it with tarpauline and canvas sheets, moved my boxes (still unpacked) and tell me: Madam, don't worry - there will be gas smell.

I have spent the time holed up in the office room with the internet and air-conditioning on.  The dogs are very happy that I am home and they get to spend time in the air-conditioned room sleeping away.

I have no idea how long more this madness will last, but it had better end soon - I am getting cabin fever from being at home!

No comments: