Thursday, June 4, 2009

Recycle III

I have this bee in my bonnet about recycling lately so I figured I might as well get the whole thing out of my system.
In our HDB estate, the recycle company comes around every two weeks on Mondays. So Monday 1 June was the designated recycle day.
In the two week lag time, I collect all our disposed plastics, glass, metals and cans, all sorts of paper, styrofoam and put these into our recycling bag The recycling bag also says that they will collect old clothes, toys, books and electrical items.
So I have put all these items aside for the recycling company in the so many years that they have been collecting such stuff in our estate. We would collect the newspapers for the recycling company instead of waiting for the karung guni man who comes around to BUY the papers from us.
Anyway, this is the thing that has made me really cross with our recycling company - they didn't come around on the designated day a couple of times and our bags were left along the corridor to wait for them. They did this in May when they came around only once.
So this time I was so cross with them that I called them on Tuesday to demand an explanation for their tardiness in following the schedule. The girl who answered the phone had the cheek to say that I put out the bag too late after the guy had come around. I informed me that the bag would be put out on Sunday night, just in case we forget on Monday morning before 8 am when we leave for the office.
Anyway, if the guy had come around he would have left another bag for the next collection. There was no bag!
Anyway after my feedback on collection, they came and collected the bag yesterday. I will be monitoring their activities and will keep you updated.
Great! Now that I've got this off my chest I will have my tiramisu dessert as a reward.
.

No comments: