Friday, February 13, 2009

Technology Klutz

I don't think I am very good with technology - I just use what I want or need, then leave the rest unless there is a dire need to figure it out.

Here's an example of how technologically inept I am: last year my sister V complained about the rice cooker that we have in the kitchen. It was a regular old fashioned cooker that did the rice in about 20 minutes or so. The heating element wasn't so great, so if it was left on "keep" for too long, the rice would burn a little. I took to setting the kitchen timer to beep at 20 minutes so that I would remember to switch off the darn thing and fluff up the rice. V said that it was not a good rice cooker.

So she went off and bought this new fangled rice cooker with some microprocessor that could detect what sort of rice we were cooking (regular white rice, brown rice, sushi) and our preference (regular cook or porridge). This new thing could also be programmed to start at a certain time or keep the rice hot till we wanted to eat it. Apparently, it could also bake a cake in there as well. Very advanced huh?

Anyway, I am not very good with the rice cooker - I don't quite know how to start it but I am a good cook, just technologically challenged by the rice cooker.
.

No comments: